Thursday 28 June 2012

A Fantastic Result!!!!

Well friends, today was my first Action Plan Review Meeting with my boss. It was a one on one meeting with her and Im proud to say it went fantastically.


The point of an Action Plan review is to of course review the action plan we set up with my 'tween' (mentor-ee) before we started working together.


WHAT is an Action Plan? It is a set of goals that the Mentor and mentor-ee are to work towards in a specific time. In relation to my work here at Panyappi, the point of our work is to reintegrate the teens back into their communities - whether it be a family, sports club, or whatever kind of community. Bc a lot, in fact most, of our clients are in the justice system, it means trying to teach the kids a new way of viewing the world; a new way of spending their time. Helping them learn about responsibility, choices, consequences. Im really excited as this is the kind of thing I am all about.


I have struggled a little the last two weeks with my tween as she hasn't wanted to do the things we had planned. It makes it really hard finding things to do when she has no idea what she feels like doing. Last week I showed her the Hungry Jacks app and we went to three different Hungry Jacks just to see what we could get for free. Kinda fun and silly, but it passed the time.


So, back to today. The feedback I have received has been glowingly positive which is just wonderful and I left feeling all warm and fuzzy! 


I love working with Panyappi. I was reflecting on it today with my boss. It feels like a whole new home. It seems like I have been there for years. It gives me a sense of belonging like nothing else I have had. I guess it's the feeling of being with 'my own people'. As I have never grown up in the aboriginal community I guess I never knew what I was missing. It has only been when I have been around other indigenous people that I have felt completely 'whole'. And that is the feeling I get with my co-workers. As a bonus, all of them are incredibly open and welcoming. My boss puts herself on our level even though she is the Panyappi supervisor. She is incredibly aware of our and my limitations (and the fact Im a bit green) and eases us all into the roles we are employed for. An extremely considerate boss if you ask me!


Next week our school holiday programme begins. I am working 4 days of the programme. Exhausting but sooooooo much fun!


Just goes to show that God really DOES provide for me in ways I never even imagined!!!!


So, that's all for today! I just wanted to share a relatively short (for me) fun positive little post for you today. 


Love 
L xo

No comments:

Post a Comment