Tuesday 8 May 2012

Where Have I Beeeeen????

Hey friends and others,


It's been absolutely forever since I last posted on here. I have intended to many many times, but life always gets in the way you know?


So since we last talked, many things have happened....I have cut contact with a lot of unhealthy people in my life meaning that my friendship circle had diminished a LOT! It's been a really tough journey but I am so thankful for the friends that I have been making since cutting loose the 'weeds'.


The friends I have now and are continuing to make are so much more to me than any of those who were unhealthy. They better me as a person, they hold me accountable, they give support, laughs, encouragement, affirmation and so much love. I feel like I am thriving with these beautiful flowers who encourage ME to keep blooming. The weeds? Well, I miss some of them, but I don't miss the choking horrible feelings they gave me, I don't miss the way they wud constantly kick me into the dirt, and every time I miss them, I remind myself of the kind of people they are in comparison to my lovely new friends - and when you look at it that way, you CAN'T compare them!!!!


I have become really involved at the scrapbooking shop near me (although unfortunately have now moved a little further away). The shop? Paper Flourish. www.paperflourish.com.au - well worth a look!!!! I have been learning all sorts of interesting, creative and somewhat messy things at some of the many classes I attend. It has allowed me to make and create some beautiful pieces of art that I am really proud of. I've enjoyed challenging myself with new techniques etc - esp with a limited budget and seeing my learned knowledge come forth on the paper.


I have also made some very dear friends, which is now half the reason I GO to the classes. My life has definitely become fuller thanks to Tracey and the team at Paper Flourish which is more than a craft shop - it really IS a community..... if u have Facebook, go find them there.
Through PF, I have also made a friend who owns the beautiful wonderful world called Cake Studio! Walk in the door and you enter the most amazing, sugary, colourful scrapping for cakes!!!!!!


Again, check Vanessa and co out on FB under Cake Studio. Well worth visiting her shop. I plan to do some accredited courses through my lovely new friend this year - can not wait!!!!


Finished with the plugging!!!!....


So what else has been happening? My brother and I moved house! THAT was an event and a half. With not a huge amount of help (except a few dear ppl) we moved house - but it took 8 days to get the job finished as it was mostly just the two of us and our little Barina. Took forever taking three or four boxes at a time, but we got there in the end.


We asked God for what we wanted in a house - it had to have three bedrooms, or two bedrooms and two living spaces, be cat friendly, have a/c, be relatively close to our new church, and be single story. Well, all I can say is that when you ask, God listens.... BIG time!
We ended up with all of this and more! As a result of God answering us yet again, I now have my very own scrapping room which I am slowly decorating and setting up to my liking. Mike has his own games room (third bedroom) - complete with a spider man blind which all the little kids that visit absolutely LOVE! (I think the big kids do tooo). We DO have two living spaces as well as a powered double carport, powered shed, decent backyard where we hope to have a veggie patch..... need I go on???? Oh one really cool thing is that we also have remote controls for our bedroom lights/fans. It's so choice. No more getting snuggly into bed and then remembering to switch off the light. So long as the remote is handy, Im home and hosed!!!!
I forgot to mention the coolest part of all this - it is exactly 1.3km from our new church home and almost as close to some of our new church and scrapping friends.


So if people think that God never listens or answers.... He does, it just requires patience, obedience and actually asking Him!!!!


Another exciting event in the life of our home is that my cat Dougie had two litters of kittens - not planned. The first lot were born in early October. She had three very gorgeous little ones. My nephew Jack and I actually videoed the second baby being born which was breath-taking. I don't care who you are, watching the miracle of life where human or animal is being born is incredible and again makes you wonder at the power of our almighty God!


We got two little boys and a girl out of that litter. They all went to wonderful homes - the little fellas going together - which is great bc they will grow up together.
Our second litter resulted in 4 kittens and one stillbirth. Again, beautiful little creatures. All girls. All very different to each other and the first litter. We were blessed to have our Mandii from paper Flourish take two of the little ratbags so again, they can grow up together. My dearest friend Michelle's parents took another of them (my favourite, Panther) for their son's birthday. That just leaves one little black Charlie left. We haven't actively looked for a home for her and the other day a friend of ours convinced me - in front of Mike and a few others, to keep it - unless someone randomly asks for a kitten.


So Charlie is one of the family .... for now! And boy does she love it. She goes completely skitz all over the place and we laugh at her soooo much. Thankfully we have sucha  l.arge house that it doesnt matter, lol. I will have to work out how to upload some photos of our kitties.


What else is happening.... let's see..... oh yes, I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What's that you say? You didn't hear me?????? I got a job and it's soooooo exciting.
I am now officially a government employee! It's just so exciting. My job is with MAYFS (Metropolitan Aboriginal Youth and Family Service) which is part of what used to be Families SA but now comes under the banner of the Dep of Communities and Social Inclusion. My role is that of a mentor to kids between the ages of 10 and 18, who are either under the guardianship of the minister or in the justice system. Something totally new for me but Im excited by the challenge.... and the chance to hopefully touch these young people's lives in a positive way. It is only casual part time so far - but I did two days helping out on the holiday programme which was one of the best experiences of my recent years. Im looking forward to being involved in that again next holidays.


Another component of my job (if I want to do it, which of course I'm at least gonna try), is streetwork. I have my first shifts this weekend. Im a little nervous as I don't know how my body will cope with the extreme cold of winter, walking the streets of the CBD in the middle of the night. The job involves picking up the nunga kids who are out partying/doing whatever in the city and taking them home so they are safe. It's from 10pm to 4am.... so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I can.NOT.wait!!!!!!!!


Stuff has been happening for my brother spiritually too - he is growing so much and has had some incredible opportunities. He is going to a conference interstate soon with some of our cousins - which is just awesome. Im so excited and proud of him. All of this helped so much by our new church family, Roger, Kynan, John, Daniel, Kim, Dawnie etc plus Bushed Blokes and our cousins Elden, Jake and Charlie. He is doing just brilliantly.


He also got his L's late last year so he has taken control of the car. And I must admit, while he killed the gears for ages (we have a manual) about two weeks ago it just all clicked for him and now I am so confident in his abilities that I don't have to watch over him scrutinising every single thing he does.


In fact on Saturday night, Mike, myself and a couple friends - Sandy and Katelyn, went for a midnight 3 hr drive all over Radelaide! What a great chance for Mike to practice driving at night. It wasn't' going to be 3 hrs... but he was doing just so well that he kept driving, and driving.... and driving. I am so incredibly proud of him.


In fact, not just where his driving is concerned. My brother is working so hard at bettering his life and I'm so excited and proud of him in every way a sister and twin could possibly be.


Well, it's now after midnight and I have a busy morning tomorrow so really shud sign off. Ill be back soon - much sooner than last time.


Have a good one
xo

2 comments:

  1. wow that's really amazing.
    Double Carport

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot - sorry I didn't realise that you had left a comment. Glad you got something out of it. :D

      Delete